Below are some more details about becoming one of the team here.
Why do you need me?
- We need your help to raise awareness and increase income for the Children’s Air Ambulance by supporting the fundraising team and participating in local events representing the Charity.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- Collecting and delivering collateral and merchandise to supporters
- Organising events to raise money and awareness in your area
- Running a fundraising stall at local events to represent the Charity
- Participating in collections (bucket shakes at events or with a street license)
- Recruiting volunteers and supporters to the Children’s Air Ambulance
- Seeking or facilitating approaches to companies, groups and supporters
- Awareness promotion of lottery and regular giving
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Local knowledge of what is going on where you live
- Friendly and approachable personality
- I.T Skills are essential for some aspects on the role
- Team player willing to get stuck in with volunteers
What are the goals?
- To increase our profile within local communities so more people are aware of the Children’s Air Ambulance
- To help us ensure all supporters and donors have a positive experience of the Children’s Air Ambulance
How much time should I offer?
- This role is flexible but we do look for a regular commitment and engagement.
Is there an induction and training?
- You will receive an induction when you start
- We will provide any training you need to complete the role e.g. Information about the Children’s Air Ambulance’s work with regular monthly meetings with your nearest Supporter group of volunteers
What on-going support/guidance will there be?
- Fully supported by a member of the fundraising team and Support Group Leader
- Access to other volunteering opportunities and ways to become more involved with the Children’s Air Ambulance
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow volunteers during the year
Will I need my own transport?
- Ideally yes although access to public transport may suffice.
What are the benefits to me?
- The opportunity to develop new skills and boost your CV
- The opportunity of meeting new people and working as part of a dedicated team
- Invaluable experience with one of the leading charities in the county
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to our lifesaving work
Will my expenses be paid?
- We pay volunteers “out-of-pocket” expenses within agreed guidelines.
- Please contact us if you would like further information on expenses.
What’s the next step?
If you’d like talk to one of the team about volunteering then please feel free to give us a call on 08454 130999 or fill out the form below.
Calls cost 3ppm plus your access charge.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!