Below are some more details about becoming one of the team here.
Why do you need me?
- By joining Supporter Services as an office volunteer you will help to keep the charity running smoothly and ensure that all supporters receive a positive experience of the Children’s Air Ambulance. Your help will make a difference to the fundraising team and supporters enabling us to keep saving lives.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- Answering phones and directing enquiries
- Banking donations and thanking supporters
- Maintaining database and record correspondence with donors
- Sending out fundraising materials to donors
- Assisting with mail outs
- Filing and scanning documents
- Stock management
- Counting coins
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excel skills and the ability to learn to use databases
- Clear and polite telephone manner
- Adherence to the Children’s Air Ambulance policies, including health and safety, equal opportunities confidentiality and financial guidelines
- An interest in the Children’s Air Ambulance and the work we do
What are the goals?
- To help us ensure all supporters and donors have a positive experience of the Children’s Air Ambulance
- Ensure donations are banked and thanked promptly, making our donors feel valued and remain engaged with the Children’s Air Ambulance
- Ensure that the Children’s Air Ambulance records and databases are accurate. To help us ensure all supporters and donors have a positive experience of the Children’s Air Ambulance
How much time should I offer?
- The role is during office hours and can be flexible however a regular commitment is required
Is there an induction and training?
- You will receive an induction when you start
- We will provide any training you need to complete the role e.g. Information about the Children’s Air Ambulance’s work with regular updates on developments, customer service training and database training and IT support
What on-going support/guidance will there be?
- Working with Supporter Services and being part of the team
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow volunteers during the year
Where will I be based?
- At our office in Princethorpe, Coventry
Will I need my own transport?
What are the benefits to me?
- The opportunity to develop new skills
- The opportunity of meeting new people and working as part of a dedicated team
- Invaluable experience with one of the leading charities in the county
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to our lifesaving work
- A volunteer discount card for use in our shops
Will my expenses be paid?
- We pay volunteers’ “out-of-pocket” expenses within agreed guidelines
- Please contact us if you would like further information on expenses
What’s the next step?
If you’d like talk to one of the team about volunteering then please feel free to give us a call on 08454 130999 or fill out the form below.
Calls cost 3ppm plus your access charge.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!