Below are some more details about becoming one of the team here.
Why do you need me?
- We need your help to raise awareness and increase income for the Children’s Air Ambulance by supporting the fundraising team.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- Promoting the work of the Children’s Air Ambulance by undertaking talks and presentations
- Seeking or facilitating approaches to companies, groups and supporters for speaking engagements
- Awareness promotion of lottery, legacies and regular giving
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- An interest in the Children’s Air Ambulance and the work we do
- Previous experience of presenting is desirable although training will be given
- IT Skills are useful, although training on use of equipment can be given
What are the goals?
- To increase our profile within local communities so more people are aware of the Children’s Air Ambulance
- To help us ensure all supporters and donors have a positive experience of the Children’s Air Ambulance
How much time should I offer?
- This role is flexible and ideally we suggest half a day per week
Is there an induction and training?
- You will receive an induction when you start
- We will provide any training you need to complete the role e.g. Information about the Children’s Air Ambulance’s work with regular updates on developments and IT support where appropriate
What on-going support/guidance will there be?
- Fully supported by a member of the fundraising team and Support Group Leader in your area
- Access to other volunteering opportunities and ways to become more involved with the Children’s Air Ambulance
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow volunteers during the year
Will I need my own transport?
What are the benefits to me?
- The opportunity to develop new skills
- The opportunity of meeting new people and working as part of a dedicated team
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to our life saving work
Will my expenses be paid?
- We pay volunteers “out-of-pocket” expenses within agreed guidelines.
What’s the next step?
If you’d like talk to one of the team about volunteering then please feel free to give us a call on 08454 130999 or fill out the form below.
Calls cost 3ppm plus your access charge.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!